“Building healthy families and helping people live better lives.”
Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a leader in reproductive medicine and maternal health, and in specialty areas within gastroenterology and urology. The development of Ferring is the story of people and peptides. The company has extensive knowledge in peptide-based drugs, these are at the heart of Ferring’s R&D activities as well as biotechnology derived medicines. As a privately-owned company Ferring benefits from the privilege to think and work with a long-term horizon.
Ferring invests heavily in the process of discovering and developing new medicines through its R&D centers and through research collaboration with scientific institutes, as well as biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies throughout the world. Ferring’s R&D activities are focused on the development of medicines within their key therapeutic areas: Reproductive Medicine & Maternal health, Urology & Uro-oncology, Gastroenterology & Immunology. Their focus is on discovering differentiated therapies that address unmet needs in their key therapeutic areas through deep understanding of disease biology and the application of enabling novel technologies.
Ferring was founded in the 1950s, now employs around 7,000 people worldwide, headquartered in Saint-Prex, Switzerland, has its own operating subsidiaries in nearly 60 countries and markets its products in 110 countries. Ferring International PharmaScience Center (IPC) in Copenhagen employs nearly 700 people, primarily scientists and specialists breaking new ground to help people live better lives all around the globe.
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.ferring.com.
Senior Clinical Trial Manager
The position as Senior Clinical Trial Manager
We are looking for a Senior Clinical Trial Manager to lead the planning and execution of global clinical trials at Ferring Pharmaceuticals to deliver according to set timelines, within budget and with highest achievable quality. This is a role for someone with expertise and professional interest in project management of full-scale clinical trials in a company such as Ferring, where people come first.
You are the one leading the cross-functional team on the best way forward and are trusted to navigate in the jungle of SOPs, GCP, regulations and project needs.
The role involves close interactions with internal stakeholders, clinical trial sites and other support organizations e.g., consultants and partners at an international level. You will also be involved in selection and contracting of CROs as well as coordination of CROs. All of this put high demands on the understanding of different cultures and great diplomatic skills.
You should have very good knowledge in clinical trial methodology, in all phases I-IV but preferably in phase II-III, and an understanding of regulatory requirements as well as experience from running multi-country and multi-center trials.
You must also be motivated by being part of a team where knowledge sharing, and helpfulness are key words. At Ferring you are not only encouraged to speak your mind, they also actually expect you to.
Lead global clinical trials from start up to closure
As an experienced Clinical Trial Manager, you naturally know that your success is built on your ability to generate high quality data at high pace and within agreed budgets – without jeopardizing the good relationship to the people and partners involved. Therefore, the role requires an organized, structured, and proactive approach as well as accuracy and flexibility. Clear leadership and communication skills are essential to be successful in this role. The position puts high demands on being able to act independently but also to collaborate effectively both internally and externally.
Another vital part of your road to success is your ability to think outside the box with a problem-solving mindset and handle (unforeseen) challenges on the way.
Main purpose of the job
Essential tasks will include but not be limited to:
• Manage trial budget, timelines and quality
• Plan, deliver and manage the clinical trials from start-up to closure
• Lead the cross-functional clinical trial team, coordinate and manage all trial related activities
• Manage CROs/FSPs internationally
• Select collaborators, laboratories and sites internationally
• Develop the operational plan and risk management plan for the conduct of the clinical trials
• Communicate timelines, identify milestones, handle trial budgets and report progress for the clinical trials
Experience and qualifications
We are looking for a colleague that thrives on having major responsibility and freedom to make the choices that you find best in the situation at hand. As you will be trusted to handle complex multi-center trials, you will need all your overview and planning skills.
We expect the ideal candidate to have:
• Academic degree in Life Science/Health Science
• Extensive experience from the pharmaceutical/biotech industry within clinical drug development
• Solid experience in driving and managing clinical trials, preferably in phase II & III
• Experience in leading global study teams with multi-country and multi-center trials
• Proven ability to apply common direction and positive team spirit across professional and cultural differences
• Good understanding of ICH-GCP and regulatory requirements
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral
• Experienced user of MS Office package
Required skills and Behavioural Indicators
• Directing Others & Decision Quality - takes responsibility for actions, projects, and people. Takes initiative, acts with confidence, and works under own direction.
• Organizational Agility, Drive for Results & Strategic Agility - plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances. Well-organized, detail-oriented, and efficient with strong problem-solving skills.
• Building Effective Teams - a team player with strong leadership and communication skills, builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organisation. Relates well to people at all levels.
• Drive for Results - analyses different sources of information, demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system. Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis.
• Dealing with Ambiguity - works productively in a high-pressure environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations.
This is an opportunity to join approx. 30 good colleagues in Global Clinical Operations department. Together, they are responsible for planning and execution of clinical trials in phases I-IV within all therapeutic areas in Ferring Pharmaceuticals. Here, “global” is not just a catch phrase but a natural part of everyday work.
You will work closely together with colleagues across various departments. Your global responsibility implies that you in periods will need to plan your work in order to collaborate with colleagues and partners across time zones.
About a year ago, Ferring IPC moved to a newly built spectacular and state-of-the-art building SoundPort, a landmark located next to "Den Blå Planet", near Copenhagen Airport. Everyone has their own space in the open office.
You will report to Associate Director, Clinical Trial Execution (one of three managers) at Global Clinical Operations.
You will become part of a super well-functioning team. They trust each other, give support and help, when necessary, make plenty room for bringing ideas to the table (naturally also yours), and never forget to have fun at work!
Contact & Application
For inquires and more information about the position, please contact:
Catharina Herbertsson or Eva Runnerström, Senior Recruitment consultants at PeakSearch.
M: +46 706 152 772
M: +46 701 725 379
Apply for the position at PeakSearch homepage http://www.peaksearch.se or send your cover letter together with your CV directly to either Catharina or Eva, e-mail see above.