Alligator Bioscience is a biotechnology company with an advantageous position in the development of the next generation of immunotherapies. The company has developed five drug candidates from idea to clinical phase and is now focusing on the two candidates with the most potential to first show efficacy data in phase II. The goal of the next generation of immunotherapies is to provide more cancer patients with treatments that are safer and more effective.
Immunotherapy has revolutionized cancer therapy in recent years and is showing positive effects in many patients. However, although the therapies used to date have boosted the clinical effect, they have also led to a higher risk of developing severe immune-related adverse events. Alligator’s concept of tumor-directed immunotherapy provides an opportunity to solve this and to deliver new cancer therapies with higher efficacy without increasing the risk of severe side effects. The strategy is to take novel, first-in-class/best-in-class drug candidates to Phase I or Phase II clinical trials, and then forward into further development in collaboration with large biotech or pharmaceutical companies.
Alligator is a science- and knowledge-based company where more than 37 out of 45 Alligator’s R&D is at the dynamic intersection of academia and industry, with a multitude of opportunities for collaboration and knowledge exchange. Recently, it was announced that Alligator Bioscience and MacroGenics will enter into a research collaboration to develop a novel Immunotherapy.
Alligator is based in Medicon Village in Lund and the company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm Mid Cap (ATORX).
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.alligatorbioscience.com.
Director, Head of Non-clinical Development
Company: Alligator Bioscience AB
Role: Director, Head of Non-clinical Development
Reporting to: EVP, COO
Place of position: Lund, Sweden
Alligator Bioscience in Lund is seeking for a highly motivated person, with extensive experience of pre-clinical drug development as well as leadership, to take on the role as Director, Head of Non-clinical Development.
You will be head of the pre-clinical department including toxicology, pharmacology and translational science. As a member of the R&D leadership team, you will be responsible for driving all non-clinical activities, including pre-clinical and translational strategies for Alligator’s development projects.
You will lead a team of appr. 10 people, all highly skilled scientists, and technical personnel, and ensure that competencies, resources and processes are in place to deliver on set goals. The department works closely with Discovery, CMC and Clinical Development as well as other internal and external stakeholders. To develop and motivate the team is the main responsibility. However, you could also be actively involved in research and development projects.
The ideal candidate is scientifically driven with a broad understanding of the pharmaceutical development process. You must have good knowledge in non-clinical study methodology as well as management experience. In addition, you are eager to learn, lead and challenge yourself and others.
You have a strong drive with the ability to take initiative. You must have a "can do" attitude and not be afraid to roll up your sleeves. You are a confident leader with a strategic mind who likes new challenges and work independently but also like to collaborate as part of a team, working towards a common goal. Strong delivery focus, leadership and interpersonal skills are essential to be successful in this role.
It is important that you embody our core values: Respect, Commitment and Innovation. In return you will find a culture based on openness, mutual respect and dedication with the possibility for individual development and growth, as well as the chance to make a true difference for cancer patients around the world. You will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
• Overall responsible for non-clinical and translational strategies for Alligator’s development projects
• Responsible for ensuring competences, resources and processes to deliver on non-clinical strategies, including scientists and technical staff
• Responsible for developing the team by coaching, training and motivation
• Coaching others to become more successful in management of research/development projects
• Member of R&D Leadership Team, contributing to the overall management of R&D, ensuring good collaboration and effective prioritization across the portfolio and functions
• Evaluate scientific information with the aim of identifying new opportunities
• Drive cross-functional scientific discussions internally and externally
• Academic degree in life science (molecular biology, biological, chemistry or similar)
• Post-doctoral experience (or similar) for 10+ years, in pharma/biotech, or other relevant area
• Extensive experience in pre-clinical drug development including GLP, toxicology, pre-clinical in vivo and in vitro pharmacology, pre-clinical safety, translational science and biomarker development
• Experience and understanding of the full value chain in drug development
• Direct people management, is an advantage
• Experience in immune-oncology, immunology or oncology is an advantage
• Fluent in English, written and verbal
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
Professional and Personal Competences (Skills)
• Creative and good in solving problems with a strategic and global mindset
• People management skills, proactive and good at delegating, coaching and motivating employees
• Team Player with good communication and presentation skills at advanced levels
• Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development
• Adapts to changing circumstances
• High drive and goal oriented
• Continuously acts according to Alligator’s core values and takes measures to improve how the organization lives up to the core values
Opportunities with the role
This is a key position in a growing and high-pace organization dedicated to the ultimate goal of curing cancer. In this role you will have the possibility to lead and build for the future – a great opportunity to form the future of Alligator by developing excellent pre-clinical programs.
The combination of wide-ranging growth opportunities, Alligator’s unique position and the company’s core values has created a strong brand in both the academic community and the international pharmaceutical industry.
For further information, please visit the Alligator career portal http://workwithus.alligatorbioscience.com/.
For inquires and more information about the position, please contact:
Catharina Herbertsson or Eva Runnerström, Senior Recruitment Consultants at PeakSearch.
email@example.com, +46 (0)706 152 772
firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 (0)701 725 379
Apply for the position at http://www.peaksearch.se