Q-linea is a public-listed diagnostic company that develops innovative solutions for improved infectious disease diagnostics, with a keen focus on improving sepsis treatment while reducing antibiotic resistance. The company focuses on developing instruments and consumables that benefit patients, healthcare providers and society.
Founded in Uppsala
Q-linea was founded in 2008 by scientists from the Rudbeck Laboratory at Uppsala University, together with Olink AB and Uppsala University’s holding company, UUAB. Today, Q-linea is a growing company comprises an interdisciplinary, highly motivated team of 140+ employees and consultants that operates out of state-of the-art, customised facilities in Uppsala Science Park and Fyrislund.
For more information, visit the company´s web sites at http://www.qlinea.com
Vision & mission
As an innovative pioneer, Q-linea helps to save lives by ensuring antibiotics continue to be an effective treatment for future generations. Q-linea develops and delivers preferred solutions for healthcare providers, enabling them to accurately diagnose and treat infectious diseases in the shortest possible time. Our solutions help healthcare providers worldwide to reduce the use of antibiotics by providing optimal treatment information for each patient.
Clinical Affairs Specialist Europe
Job Title: Clinical Affairs Specialist Europe
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
Q-linea is an innovative research, development and manufacturing company that primarily develops instruments and disposables for rapid and reliable infection diagnostics.
Q-linea is looking for a Clinical Affairs Specialist Europe that will generate awareness of the clinical value of Q-linea’s products and drive clinical implementation activities. Once Covid-related travel restrictions are relaxed/lifted, the person will travel within Europe up to 70% of the time to maintain peer-to-peer relationship with clinicians and Key Opinion Leaders at academic institutions, community hospitals and clinics.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated person with prior experience in a similar role within the in-vitro diagnostic industry or experience of working in a Microbiology Laboratory. The work involves a lot of contacts both internally, but most externally with international customers, which places high demands on the understanding of different cultures and very good communication skills. You have a strong drive with the ability to take initiative and you are productive, also "working on the road”.
Qualifications and experiences
• Postgraduate degree (MSc, PhD) in Clinical Microbiology or other Academic degree with experience from a similar position
• Knowledge of bacteriology, microbial diagnostics methods and strategies acquired through experience from Microbiology Laboratories
• Prior experience in a similar role within the in-vitro diagnostics industry or/and experience working as part of an antimicrobial stewardship team or a similar clinical role is highly desirable
• Experience implementing new/rapid diagnostics within the laboratory workflow in support of antimicrobial stewardship efforts
• Knowledge of antimicrobial prescribing strategies, clinical management protocols and clinical pathways related to patients with bloodstream infections and sepsis
• Fluent in English and Swedish, oral and written
• Additional language is a merit
• Ability to travel within Europe up to 70%
• Highly skilled in Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point
• Result-driven, well-organized and productive
• Effective presentation skills, both written and oral
• Strong ability to work in a team and culturally aware
• Strong analytical skills
• Influencing skills
• Humble, empathic and prestigeless personality
Opportunities with the role
• To contribute to Q-linea’s very important mission; to help save lives by ensuring antibiotics continue to be an effective treatment for future generations
• Q-linea solutions help healthcare providers worldwide to reduce the use of antibiotics by providing optimal treatment information for each patient
• The possibility to work for a very exciting Swedish Life Science company with a high growth rate and a huge potential to grow
• The possibility to work with very high quality, innovative and unique products that the society, healthcare and patients are asking for
• Q-linea offers continous development for all personnel, both individual and team oriented
• Work together with an experienced and very committed team, in a creative and very prestigeless environment
• The company culture is very attractive with a focus on community and development
• Be part of a successful expansive and dynamic company focusing on research, innovation and results to help the world to cover the threatening of antibiotic resistance
• To work with a broad spectrum of responsibilities, and to contribute in a new and very interesting phase, evolving from a development focused to a revenue generating company in collaboration with business partners
For more information and questions about the position, please contact Marta Frick Senior Recruitment Consultant at PeakSearch.
Marta Frick email@example.com Tel: 070-386 89 69