Gyros Protein Technologies
Gyros Protein Technologies enables bioanalytical solutions and peptide synthesis that help scientists increase biomolecule performance and productivity in research, drug discovery, pre-clinical and clinical development, and bioprocess applications. Proprietary high performance nanoliter-scale immunoassay platforms, Gyrolab® xPand and Gyrolab xPlore™, are used by scientists in leading pharmaceutical, biotech, CRO, and CMO companies for bioanalytical applications such as pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics, immunogenicity, and quantitating bioprocess-related impurities.
Gyros Protein Technologies was founded in 2000 as a spin-off from GE-Healthcare. In 2016 Gyros Protein Technologies was founded through the merger of Gyros and Protein Technologies.
Gyros Protein Technologies headquarter is located in Uppsala, with a team of approx. 140 highly motivated professionals in Sales, Marketing, R&D, Operations, etc. Since September 2019 Gyros Protein Technologies is part of Mesa Laboratories.
For more information, visit the company´s web sites at http://www.gyrosproteintechnologies.com
Application Scientist Microfluidics
Position: Application Scientist Microfluidics
Company: Gyros Protein Technologies AB
Location: The HQ in Uppsala
Reports to: Director R&D
Application Scientist Microfluidics
Gyros Protein Technologies, a global company that develops, manufactures, markets and sells a unique microfluidic platform based on CD’s to miniaturize and automate immunoassays, are now searching for an Application Scientist with focus on CD-development and microfluidics.
In the role as Application Scientist, you will be involved in the entire development process, from idea generation and early proof of concept to development, verification and launch of new products. The products include consumables and kits for immunoassays, microfluidic CDs, instruments and software with focus on CD development in this particular role. The work takes place in an interdisciplinary area where broad competence and interest in the various disciplines is an advantage.
The work is conducted in project form and includes collaboration with other functions (such as manufacturing, quality control, marketing and sales) and requires high demands on good communication and collaboration skills.
We are looking for a person with experience of laboratory work, and with interest and/or experience of microfluidics that will drive the development of new products and applications with focus on microfluidics and CD development at Gyros Protein Technologies.
• Master's degree in engineering in a relevant field, preferably molecular biotechnology, technical biology, chemical engineering or other education in biology / chemistry where you worked close to technology. If you have a university degree in engineering with experience of similar roles, you might also be an interesting candidate for the position
• 2-5 years experiences of hands-on laboratory work, meritorious within microfluidics or immunoassays
• Previous experience from the microfluidic field is a strong advantage, and/or a good biological understanding of immunoassays
• English and Swedish as working language
• Interested in technology, as you will be hands-on in the laboratory as well as interacting with hardware and software and will be having a central role in development projects
• Ability to work independently and take on a large degree of responsibility and commitment to the task
• Genuinely interested and curious about driving the microfluidic field forward
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills both written and oral
• Highly organized & proficient at managing multiple projects at the same time
• You take initiatives and act with confidence
Opportunities with the role
• The possibility to work for a healthy successful Swedish company with a high growth rate and very good profitability
• Gyros Protein Technologies is a part of Mesa Labs, a robust and successful owner on NASDAQ
• Work together with an experienced and very committed team, in a creative and very prestigeless environment
• A possibility to work cross functional and with development processes from start to the end
• A possibility to develop the role
• Work in a company with a dynamic culture, a nice atmosphere and collaborative environment
• Work for a company where results and benefits go hand in hand and where you truly can bring your potential into play
• Gyros Protein Technologies has an attractive company culture with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
For more information and questions about the position, please contact Marta Frick, Senior Recruitment Consultants at PeakSearch.
Marta Frick firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 070-386 89 69