Novavax AB är ett helägt dotterbolag till det amerikanska vaccinföretaget Novavax, Inc, vilket är noterat på NASDAQ i USA (NVAX). Novavax, Inc har utvecklat ett effektivt produktionssystem för antigen och utvecklar olika vaccinkandidater riktade mot bland annat säsongs- och pandemisk influensa (H5N1), respiratoriskt syncytialvirus (RSV) och andra svåra infektionssjukdomar som t.ex. Ebola och Covid-19.
Bolaget är nu inne i en expansiv fas med anledning av nuvarande pandemi där extern finansiering finns för att utveckla ett vaccin mot Covid-19. Novavax AB i Uppsala utvecklar och producerar ett saponinbaserat vaccinadjuvans - Matrix-M™. Kliniska studier visar att Matrix-M™ effektivt stimulerar kroppen till ett potent immunsvar omfattande både ett cellulärt och antikroppsmedierat svar vid vaccinering mot sjukdomar. Vid kontoret i Uppsala arbetar drygt 150 personer, både anställda och konsulter. Novavax AB har kollektivavtal och tillämpar flextid inom givna ramar och har flertalet personalförmåner, t.ex. friskvårdsbidrag och massage.
För mer information gå gärna in på företagets hemsida: http://www.novavax.com
Director Technical Support
Job Title: Director Technical Support
Reports to: Managing Director at Novavax AB
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Novavx AB is looking for a highly motivated and experienced leader with a wide technical background with ability to understand various technical areas within GMP, technical support, facilities, utilities and equipment, and with excellent leadership skills, to build, develop and operate the Technical Support department within Novavax AB both operationally and strategically.
This is a new role responsible for building and leading a new department, Technical Support, including EHS. The Director Technical Support will build a team of 5-10 people with different specialties and competencies, as well as several high professional consultants connected to the company.
Director Technical Support will be responsible for ensuring technical support related to facilities, utilities and equipment to all departments at Novavax AB. We are looking for a person with the ability to work both operational with day-to-day activities and strategic by having a comprehensive view of the company.
The Director Technical Support will be a member of the management team reporting to the Managing Director. The role is a permanent contract full-time and you will be based at the office in Uppsala.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced manager responsible for building the Technical Support Team including EHS. A person with the capability to define roles and responsibilities, and to build a new department with a good team spirit.
You need to be strategic, analytical, and structured, and willing to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities. It is important to have strong communication skills, and to be ambitious with a personal drive to take responsibility, and with the ability to work both independently and together with others to deliver results. We are looking for person that would be able to growth with the company and take on additional responsibilities when required. As the company is small, you must have a “can do” attitude and be comfortable in situations where you must be more “hands-on” -not acting as a “top-level” manager.
Experience and qualifications
• Educational background – some sort of Engineering degree is desirable
• Solid experience from the pharmaceutical industry
• Management experience with excellent leadership skills
• Wide technical background with ability to understand various technical areas within GMP, technical support, facilities, utilities and equipment
• Experience within qualification of equipment
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and written in Swedish and English
• Experience within maintenance and calibration in a GMP regulated industry is meritorious
• Experience from budgets and forecasts is meritorious
• Experience with continuous improvement techniques such as Operational Excellence, Lean, 5S or Six Sigma is a merit
• Excellent multi-tasking, analytical, organizational and leadership skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of the organization
• Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships across the organization in order to effectively solve problems
• Ability to organize, prioritize and deliver tasks and projects with a sense of urgency
• Ability to structure the workload by clearly sharing job assignments between the team members and lead the team towards well-defined goals
• Ability to lead team members in the various areas that are Technical Support´s responsibility. This requires understanding new technical areas to appropriate degree and the ability to lead experts in the different areas
• Ability to enable and drive change while being focused on internal and external customers
• Capable to manage multiple priorities and maintain adherence to timelines
Opportunities with the role
• The possibility to work for a successful, growing, and innovative company in close collaborating with a very robust and mature “parent company”
• Work for a leading vaccine company that will enable patients’ worldwide access to safer and more efficient vaccines
• Be a part of the fight against Covid-19 with a vaccine at the forefront of research/development
• Become a leading key strategic player within Novavax AB with the opportunity to influence the strategy, way of working, company development and key decisions, and to contribute to the company´s future growth and development
• To work in a small company with a dynamic culture, freedom of action, a nice atmosphere and collaborative environment
• The company is in a very exciting and stimulating phase going from a research- and developing company to a producing company with products on the market
• Be a member in the management team
• Work in values-based company, deeply rooted in science and innovation to transform new ideas and discoveries into vaccines to protect future pandemics and dangerous viruses as for example Covid-19
• Be part of a very competent and experienced team with high energy, all very committed to develop the company and the technology
• Work in a company with short decision paths and with a high level of personal responsibility
• Good possibilities to personal and professional development
For more information and questions about the position, please contact Marta Frick Senior Recruitment Consultant at PeakSearch.
Marta Frick email@example.com Tel: 070-386 89 69