Novavax AB är ett helägt dotterbolag till det amerikanska vaccinföretaget Novavax, Inc, vilket är noterat på NASDAQ i USA (NVAX). Novavax, Inc har utvecklat ett effektivt produktionssystem för antigen och utvecklar olika vaccinkandidater riktade mot bland annat säsongs- och pandemisk influensa (H5N1), respiratoriskt syncytialvirus (RSV) och andra svåra infektionssjukdomar som t.ex. Ebola och Covid-19.
Bolaget är nu inne i en expansiv fas med anledning av nuvarande pandemi där extern finansiering finns för att utveckla ett vaccin mot Covid-19. Novavax AB i Uppsala utvecklar och producerar ett saponinbaserat vaccinadjuvans - Matrix-M™. Kliniska studier visar att Matrix-M™ effektivt stimulerar kroppen till ett potent immunsvar omfattande både ett cellulärt och antikroppsmedierat svar vid vaccinering mot sjukdomar. Vid kontoret i Uppsala arbetar ca 200 personer, både anställda och konsulter. Novavax AB har kollektivavtal och tillämpar flextid inom givna ramar och har flertalet personalförmåner, t.ex. friskvårdsbidrag och massage.
För mer information gå gärna in på företagets hemsida: http://www.novavax.com
Senior Director Research and Product Development
Job Title: Senior Director Research and Product Development
Reports to: Managing Director at Novavax AB
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Novavx AB is looking for a highly motivated and experienced manager with excellent leadership skills, and with long experience from a similar role. The Senior Director Research and Product Development will be responsible for innovation and product development activities at Novavax AB.
The Product Development (PD) department has an overall responsibility for scientific knowledge on Matrix adjuvant and its components by ensuring deep understanding of biological, physical and chemical properties of the material, as well as methods and technologies necessary for continuous improvement of material and processes, aiming for final products that are safe and effective. The department plays an important role in supporting new projects, supporting other departments, interacting with internal and external partners, and working with IP strategies.
The Senior Director Research and Product Development will be a member of the senior management team at Novavax AB, reporting to the Managing Director for Novavax AB. The role is a permanent contract full-time and you will be based at the office in Uppsala.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced manager to lead the Product Development department. The person will be responsible for leading Novavax AB in product enhancements and product redesign related to vaccine adjuvants, and if decided in research for new products, and with staff liability for personnel within the department. The Senior Director Research and Product Development will ensure alignment and prioritization around product development roadmaps, objectives and budgets within the department (both within Novavax AB, and with Novavax Inc.), and that personnel in the department are motivated and engaged and secure close collaboration between groups and people.
You need to be strategic, analytical, and structured, and willing to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities. It is important to have strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of the organization, and outside the organization. We are looking for an ambitious person with a personal drive to take responsibility, and with the ability to work both independently and together with others to deliver results.
As the company is small, you must have a “can do” attitude and be comfortable in situations where you must be more “hands-on” -not acting as a “top-level” manager.
Experience and qualifications
• Educational background – or long experience from a similar role. PhD is a merit
• Solid experience from the Life Science industry
• Experience from a similar role
• Management experience with excellent leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and written in Swedish and English
• Excellent multi-tasking, analytical, organizational and leadership skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both all levels of the organization and outside the organization
• Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships across the organization in order to effectively solve problems
• Ability to organize, prioritize and deliver tasks and projects with a sense of urgency
• Ability to structure the workload by clearly sharing job assignments between the team members and lead the team towards well-defined goals
• Ability to enable and drive change while being focused on internal and external customers
• Capable to manage multiple priorities and maintain adherence to timelines
• Visionary personality
Opportunities with the role
• The possibility to work for a successful, growing, and innovative company in close collaborating with a very robust and mature “parent company”
• Work for a leading vaccine company that will enable patients’ worldwide access to safer and more efficient vaccines
• Be a part of the fight against Covid-19 with a vaccine at the forefront of research/development
• Become a leading key strategic player within Novavax AB with the opportunity to influence the strategy, way of working, company development and key decisions, and to contribute to the company´s future growth and development
• To work in a small company with a dynamic culture, freedom of action, a nice atmosphere and collaborative environment
• The company is in a very exciting and stimulating phase going from a research- and developing company to a producing company with products on the market
• Be a member in the management team
• Work in values-based company, deeply rooted in science and innovation to transform new ideas and discoveries into vaccines to protect future pandemics and dangerous viruses as for example Covid-19
• Be part of a very competent and experienced team with high energy, all very committed to develop the company and the technology
• Work in a company with short decision paths and with a high level of personal responsibility
• Good possibilities to personal and professional development
For more information and questions about the position, please contact Marta Frick Senior Recruitment Consultant at PeakSearch.
Marta Frick firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 070-386 89 69