Iconovo develops ready-to-use inhalation products – inhaler devices and dry powder formulations for generic drug companies and pharmaceutical companies. Iconovo offers a full range of ready-to-use inhalation devices to be customized with customer’s substance.
Products developed by Iconovo are mainly in the treatment of asthma and COPD, but other focus areas are vaccination, pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis or indications where a fast onset of action is sought, e.g. migraine treatment. Today the company portfolio covers a full family of inhalation products comprising both inhalation devices and dry powder formulations.
Business model: Iconovo develops the inhaler platforms at its own cost and risk and seeks patent protection for its unique designs. Iconovo develops a complete inhalation product from its customers preferred substance(s) being compensated for the development costs through development milestones. Iconovo makes its profit from technology access fees for giving exclusive rights to a substance-inhaler combination and royalties on sales.
The company was founded in 2013, listed on Nasdaq First North in May 2018, is based at Medicon Village in Lund, and employs 29 people today.
For more information about Iconovo, please see https://iconovo.se
Director Business Development
Company: Iconovo AB
Role: Director Business Development
Reporting to: Vice President Business Development
Location: Medicon Village, Lund
The role as Director Business Development
Iconovo is looking for a driven person, with several years’ experience in business development, interested to join a small but growing company where you will also with enthusiasm take on key account responsibilities for current and new customers. You appreciate fast decision-making and the chance to make a real difference by finding new customers to Iconovo. You are a social person seeking good business opportunities with a win-win mindset towards new customers. You will be a key player in the growing commercial function of Iconovo with great commercial impact and visibility.
The Director Business Development is responsible for scouting new customers proactively and follow up on customer requests, to drive the business process until signing of agreement and sometimes also follow the customer in the project execution phase with a key account responsibility. You will work closely with our Project Management function to be able to offer our customers the best solution to their needs. You will travel and participate in congresses and other activities involving customer interactions. The Director Business Development is one of four persons in the growing Business Development team with impact and visibility. You will report to the Vice President Business Development, but also work closely with the Director Alliance Management with key account management and the CEO of Iconovo. This is a new and full-time permanent position.
You must have a positive mindset and a likeable manner and be willing to drive new business relations independently within the commercial function, but still work as part of a team within Iconovo. The tasks are multi-faceted, so you need a "can do" attitude and curious mindset. Strong delivery focus and interpersonal skills are important to be successful in this role.
As the Director Business Development, you will be measured from a financial performance point of view such as:
• Generation of new customer leads
• Progress on delivery of new business proposals
• Sales from new customer agreements, as well as new business from current customers where you have key account responsibility
• Strategically responsible for improvements in the sales and business development process.
• Identify, scout for and evaluate new customers and business opportunity
• Manage transaction process with internal stakeholders and customers
• Development of terms and proposals for agreements
• Manage and negotiate agreements with support of external legal
• Ability to build business cases for new business opportunities preferable but can be learned on the job
• Support the development of sales presentations with Communication and Marketing Manager
• Attend conferences and sales meetings
• Key account responsibility for some transactions after signing of agreement with the support of Director Alliance management
• Approach new customers and follow up on incoming collaboration requests to explore potential win-win collaborations and promote Iconovo capabilities
• Manage the transaction process with confidentiality agreements, meetings, proposal generation with Project leaders, due diligence and signing of agreements
• Manage transaction communication with internal stakeholders in communication, project management, alliance management, finance, leadership team and the board
• Support VP Business Development by developing and presenting proposals on how to improve the business development process and strategic offering
• Build the business case for the transaction and develop terms that are favourable and acceptable by both parties
• Negotiate the agreement until signing with support from external legal law firm
• Participate in congresses, partnering meetings and 1-2-1 customer meetings
• Work with Communication and Marketing Manager to improve on promotional material
• For some signed agreements you will continue to have Key Account responsibility in the execution phase with the support of Director Alliance Management
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Several years of experience from the Pharma/Medtech industry where experience from a CDMO organization is an extra plus
• 4-6 years of sales or business development experience involving contracting
• Fluent in English, written and verbal, where Swedish or other languages considered an advantage
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
Professional and Personal Competences (Skills)
• Extrovert personality with ability to develop effective relationships and operate at a senior level
• Strong argumentation skills to convince but also good listener to explore customers’ needs
• Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
• Creative mindset to identify new market opportunities
• Excellent analytical, communication (oral and written) and organizational/ planning skills
• Goal-oriented personality with persistence to succeed
• Doer personality
• Curious personality interested to develop new skills in adjacent areas with enthusiasm
• Able to adapt to changing circumstances
• Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise
Opportunities with the role
Iconovo is a rapidly growing organization with currently 28 employees. The plan is to continue to grow responsibly with focus on capitalizing on our strategic assets.
• You will be a key player in the business performance of Iconovo and have great commercial visibility
• You will be offered a chance to work with great strategic height and you can work hands-on with projects that aligns to that strategy
• You will be member of a small team with potential to grow and shape your personal development with few limitations
• You will be one of four members in the commercial function taking the lead role in Business development
This is an opportunity to work in a rapidly growing company listed on Nasdaq Stockholm, with short decision-making processes where each employee's contribution is important for the company's development and results. You will play an important role in actively supporting the company to reach agreed milestones.
For inquires and more information about the position, please contact:
Catharina Herbertsson or Eva Runnerström, Sr Recruitment Consultants at PeakSearch.
firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 (0)706 152 772
email@example.com, +46 (0)701 725 379
Apply for the position at PeakSearch homepage http://www.peaksearch.se or send your cover letter together with your CV directly to either Catharina or Eva, see above.