Strike Pharma addresses the pressing need for new and improved individualized treatments of solid tumors. The company has developed a completely new technology which, based on the genetic profile of each patient tumor, attacks the tumor cells and leaves other normal cells in the body alone. The advantage of this is that you get a much more effective treatment while reducing the risk of side effects. The primary focus is on cancer, but the technology itself has the potential to be used across a wide variety of disease indications.
Strike Pharma’s technology platform accomplishes this with a targeted antibody that delivers synthetically produced tumor material into the immune cells that are specialized in activation of tumor-killing T cells. This results in an immune response where cancer cells are attacked in a similar way to vaccination against infectious diseases. Through genetic analysis, the synthetic material can be adapted to each patient, which is central to individualized treatment.
The company develops a novel next generation Antibody-Drug Conjugate (ADC) technology, the ADAC technology. ADACs is short for Adaptable Drug Affinity Conjugates and are built to improve delivery of tailored made synthetic molecules to specific cell types for improved immune modulation. The first drug candidate is within the ADAC platform. Using the ADAC platform, efficient delivery and prolonged half-life of patient tailored peptide therapeutics will ensure that the body becomes the factory, producing billions of T cells that can find and destroy tumor cells regardless of the location in the body.
“Strike Pharma is very well positioned to have a major impact on the current rapid developments in precision medicine and future individualized treatments”, commented Mårten Winge, CEO of Strike Pharma. The goal is for the platform to be able to treat all types of solid cancers. The need for new cancer treatments is huge and Strike Pharma's method has a great potential, as it is more cost-efficient and at least as effective as today's immuno-oncological treatments.
Strike Pharma was founded in 2020, a spin-off from the research carried out for several years within SciLife Lab's drug development platform (DDD). The technology is based on research from Associate Professor Sara Mangsbo at Uppsala University.
For further information about Strike Pharma, please see the company's website https://strikepharma.com
Senior Scientist, non-clinical
Company: Strike Pharma AB
Position: Senior Scientist Non-Clinical
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Place of position: Uppsala, Sweden
Place of residence: Uppsala/Stockholm/Skåne
The role as Senior Scientist Non-Clinical
In this role, you will be responsible for driving all non-clinical activities for Strike Pharma’s development projects.
You should plan, initiate and monitor experiments, analyse data and draw conclusions. The role includes to select CROs as well as procure services and coordinate the work with the CROs and other stakeholders. The work involves many contacts both internally and externally, including international CROs/collaborators/research groups, which imposes high demands on communication skills and diplomatic ability.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist with an understanding for management of drug development projects. You need to have earlier experience from preclinical work in immunology and/or oncology, knowledge in development of cancer vaccines is an advantage. You will work with Strike Pharma’s first drug candidate within the ADAC platform aiming to transform personalized medicine within the immuno-oncology space.
You have a strong driving force with the ability to take your own initiatives. As the company is small, you must have a "can do" attitude and not be afraid to “roll up your sleeves”. While you are independent, you are also a proactive team player who likes to have a coordinating and project-leading role.
• Scientifically responsible for driving pre-clinical activities forward according to Strike Pharma strategy
• Design, plan and implement preclinical studies
• Responsible for updating project plans, such as project goals, timelines, budget, resources, etc
• Write/coordinate study protocols and reports
• Responsible for procurement and contacts with CROs/consultants
• Maintain knowledge of regulations and standards for preclinical research as well as responsibility for compliance
• Monitor relevant vaccine/immuno-oncology activities globally
• Attend conferences and present research results
Required Qualifications and Skills
• Minimum education at PhD level (molecular biology, biological, chemistry or similar)
• Experience of biotech/pharmaceutical companies for 3+ years
• Experience of preclinical research
• Knowledge in immuno-oncology and/or cancer vaccine
• Selection and contracting of subcontractors/CRO
• Experience of project management
• Good knowledge in English, both in speech and in writing
• Experience of Microsoft Office
Professional and Personal Competences
• Takes own initiatives, works independently, makes quick and clear decisions. Initiates and generates activity
• Creates good relationships and networks with stakeholders at different levels, demonstrating interest and understanding for other people
• Writes clearly and correctly in a well-structured and logical way
• Project Management skills: organizational, sets clearly defined objectives, monitors performance against deadlines and milestones. Manages time effectively.
• Adapts to changing conditions and accepts new ideas and initiatives
The position will be located in Uppsala and involves some travel to meetings with researchers, CROs and congresses, both inside and outside Sweden. However, since all non-clinical activities will be outsourced, place of residence can also be in the southern part of Sweden.
Opportunities with the role
Strike Pharma aims to have a major impact on the current rapid development in precision medicine and future individualized treatments of solid tumors. You will be able to work in a small entrepreneurial pharmaceutical company, in the forefront of developing cancer vaccines, together with a highly skilled team, in an important and visible role with great impact. This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting journey in a small company with ambitious goals for the future.
For inquires and more information about the position, please contact:
Catharina Herbertsson or Eva Runnerström, Senior Recruitment Consultants at PeakSearch.
M: +46 706 152 772
M: +46 701 725 379
Apply for the position at PeakSearch website, http://www.peaksearch.se