Gyros Protein Technologies
Gyros Protein Technologies enables bioanalytical solutions and peptide synthesis that help scientists increase biomolecule performance and productivity in research, drug discovery, pre-clinical and clinical development, and bioprocess applications. Proprietary high performance nanoliter-scale immunoassay platforms, Gyrolab® xPand and Gyrolab xPlore™, are used by scientists in leading pharmaceutical, biotech, CRO, and CMO companies for bioanalytical applications such as pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics, immunogenicity, and quantitating bioprocess-related impurities.
Gyros was founded in 2000 as a spin-off from GE-Healthcare. In 2016 Gyros Protein Technologies was founded through the merger of Gyros and Protein Technologies.
The center of excellence for the immunoassay business of Gyros Protein Technologies is located in Uppsala. The company has approximately 140 highly motivated professionals in Sales, Marketing, R&D, Operations, etc. Since November 2019 Gyros Protein Technologies is part of the Biopharmaceutical Division of Mesa Laboratories Inc.
For more information, visit the company´s web sites at http://www.gyrosproteintechnologies.com
Section Manager Research and Development Software
Position: Section Manager R&D Software
Company: Gyros Protein Technologies
Reports to: Head of Research and Development
Section Manager R&D Software
The role of the Section Manager R&D Software, within the Biopharmaceutical Development Division, is to lead, grow and support the Software team in developing software solutions to support the analytical needs of our customers, from setting-up and running analysis on the instruments, to analyzing and exporting data to LIMS or other reporting systems.
The Section Manager focuses on leading the Software team to meet current and future needs, by developing and growing competencies and expertise within the team, by recruiting talent, by organizing the team in the most efficient and strategically fit way and by seamless collaboration and support for the other sections of R&D, Hardware and Applications, as well as other functions of the business, Sales, Marketing and customers. The Section Manager is part of the R&D leadership team, providing expertise from area of knowledge to the strategic decisions and road map of the function.
The Section Manager will ensure that the section operates according to standards, policies and procedures, enabling the team to develop innovative and “best in class” bioanalytical solutions for the customers.
We are looking for a leader with a robust experience of product development in a software engineering role, preferably within the life science area. You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and you are a team player who thinks it is important to share your ideas and experiences with your colleagues to develop the company and its business. You inspire others through your dedication and passion for the work.
• Academic or technical education corresponding to M.Sc. level
• At least 5 years of experience of product development in a software engineering role, preferably within the life science area
• Experience in all phases of software development (Analysis/Design/Implementation/Verification/Validation)
• Knowledge about Computer System Validation and GAMP5 and regulatory requirements linked to our customers (21 CFR part 11)
• Knowledge about Agile work processes
• Knowledge about development tools used in software development (Gyros main tools are DevOps, Git, Mantis, Jenkins, Spira and different tools for unit testing and test automation)
• English and Swedish as working language
• Management experience is an advantage
• Clear vision on empowering teams by enabling ownership at point-of-contact, coaching and focusing on fact-based decisions
• Strong tendency to steadily improve by problem-solving to root-cause, experimenting and taking action
• Strong communication skills
• Highly organized and proficient at managing multiple projects at the same time
• Ability to work independently and take on a large degree of responsibility and commitment to tasks, and act with confidence
• Good interpersonal skills
• Create, open to propose new ideas, approaches or insights and to follow up and implement them
Opportunities with the role
• The possibility to work for a healthy successful company with a high growth rate and very good profitability
• Gyros Protein Technologies is a part of Mesa Labs, a robust and successful owner listed on the NASDAQ
• Work together with an experienced and very committed team, and in a creative environment
• Work in a company with a dynamic culture, a nice atmosphere and collaborative environment
• Work for a company where results and benefits go hand in hand and where you truly can bring your potential into play
• Gyros Protein Technologies has an attractive company culture with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
For more information and questions about the position, please contact Marta Frick, Senior Recruitment Consultants at PeakSearch.
Tel: 070-386 89 69