Pharmetheus is a diversified Life Sciences consultancy partner at the forefront of the application of quantitative approaches to drug research, development, and usage. We operate in the area of biosimulation and biotech, using software to describe biological processes. We offer consulting services focused on the application of quantitative approaches to support drug research, development, and life-cycle decisions. With our expertise in model-informed drug development, pharmacometrics, and PBPK-QSP, we support clients from strategy to design and analyses. At Pharmetheus, we are promoting a culture of innovation and collaboration where diversity and inclusivity are highly valued, and where everyone feels supported and empowered.
Pharmetheus’ main premises is in Uppsala, Sweden. However, our physical footprint stretches beyond Uppsala through our office network in Basel, Paris and Utrecht and home office networks in Europe and North America.
For more information, visit the company´s web sites at http://www.pharmetheus.com
An opportunity has opened for you who want to work as a Data Programmer within Pharmacometrics at a Life Science consultancy company in Uppsala that is in a very exciting development phase.
For this entry level of consultant at Pharmetheus we are looking for a person with a bachelor’s degree in systems development/data programming/statistics or equivalent with one year experience in the pharmaceutical industry in relation to data programming activity or a person with a master's degree, with a thesis/diploma project in pharmacometrics/statistics/system development/data programming field.
The Data Programmer is responsible for all data programming activities/aspects within a project, driving the process from the specifications to the implementation and finalization of the modelling data files and corresponding documentation. The Data Programmer supports both Pharmetheus internal project teams and/or clients project teams.
In this role, you will get an excellent opportunity to develop and continuously challenge your skills in a developing and supportive environment. You will also be part of a research-driven company that is unique in its market and that actually contributes to improve people's health.
This is a full-time position starting with a six-month probation period. The position will be based in our office in Uppsala, with flexible working hours and with the possibility to work partly remotely. The Data Programmer reports to the Sr Data Programmer & Team Leader and is expected to contribute actively to Pharmetheus culture of continuous improvement and ethical values.
Main duties & responsibilities
• Data programming operations
- Responsible and accountable for the transcription and implementation of data requests within a modelling project.
- Perform data programming activities in accordance with specifications and timelines defined.
- Ensure that Quality Control (QC) review for data programming requests is appropriately performed on her/his projects.
- Support the QC of data programming deliverables.
- Report any issue related to project data programming task to the Project Lead and/or Data Programming Manager (DPM) in a timely manner.
- Assume the role of data subject matter expert within a project team.
• Data programming tools and processes
- Contribute to the continuous development of internal processes and tools in relation to data programming activities.
- Support the implementation of data programming strategic initiatives and harmonization within the data programming group.
- Develop and maintain data programming documentation, such as Standard Operation Procedures, Operating Instructions, and policies.
We are looking for an analytical and organized Data Programmer with the following qualities:
Qualifications and skills
• Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) in systems development/data programming/statistics or equivalent
- For an employee with a bachelor's degree, minimum of one year experience in the pharmaceutical industry in relation to data programming activity
- For an employee with a master's degree, a thesis/diploma project in pharmacometrics/statistics/system development/data programming field is required
• Fluent in English, both spoken and written
• Good understanding of global clinical practices and regulatory requirements relevant to data programming
• Good knowledge in R or any other relevant programming software/language applied to data programming activities (for example SAS)
• Basic knowledge of pharmacometrics methodologies is meritorious
• Ability and effectiveness in performing day to day activities with high quality
• Good interpersonal and communication skills and a personal engagement
• Professional demeanour
• Work autonomously
• Used to keep deadlines
• Manage a diverse and time-sensitive workload
• Problem-solving mindset
Opportunities with the role
Pharmetheus offers an exciting and challenging position and an inspiring working environment. We are a motivated, dedicated, and growing group of 90 people, with a strong local presence in Uppsala. We offer a workplace with an atmosphere characterized by a high level of flexibility and a great team spirit. Our highly skilled and enthusiastic team brings considerable value to clients and partners, intending to improve patients’ lives.
For more information and questions about the position, please contact Marta Frick Senior Recruitment Consultant at PeakSearch.
Marta Frick firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 070-386 89 69