AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical pharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines, primarily for the treatment of diseases in three main therapy areas - Oncology, Cardiovascular & Metabolic Diseases and Respiratory. AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and employ over 59,000 people worldwide.
AstraZeneca is proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
AstraZeneca in Oncology
AstraZeneca’s ambition is to become the second largest global Oncology company. The company aims to achieve scientific leadership in four key Mode of Actions and platforms. The pipeline is strong and growing.
Lung cancer is the most common form of cancer worldwide, with approximately 1.8 million cases diagnosed and 1.69 million deaths each year. AstraZeneca is prioritising lung cancer research to address the significant unmet need for treatments at every stage of the disease continuum.
Following launch of Lynparza (olaparib), TAGRISSO (osimertinib) and IMFINZI (durvalumab) there is a plan for subsequent launches of new compounds and new indications.
Nordic-Baltic Marketing Company
The Nordic-Baltic Marketing Company employs around 450 people across 7 countries and has offices located in Södertälje, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Oslo, Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
Strategic Account Manager Denmark
A great opportunity to join AstraZeneca. Oncology is a highly prioritised area and the pipeline is rich. The Strategic Account Manager role is an unusually interesting and broad position:
It is an expanded field based customer-facing role responsible for sales, marketing and regional market access, covering various stakeholders’ e.g. regional payer groups, health care professional groups, specialist organizations and patient organization. The Strategic Account Manager is accountable for both regional and national accounts securing sales and driving business in collaboration with a cross-functional team.
• Accountable for managing individual accounts, both regional and national.
• Responsible for generating clinical demand for Oncology brands with key accounts, pro-actively identifying business opportunities, presenting value propositions aligned to stakeholder needs and objectives, and recommending solutions to drive and develop business.
• Accountable for regional market access with appropriate stakeholders e.g. budget holders, tumour responsible at hospitals
• Responsible for development and adaptation of Nordic marketing material into local.
Main purpose of the job
• Develop account strategy & plans
o Develop robust understanding of needs and perceptions of prescribers and other key stakeholders, e.g., budget holders, heads of clinics, local/regional payers, pathologists etc
o Identify and prioritise accounts with strategic value to AstraZeneca and build long-term external relationships.
o Develop tactical plans for the local market under the guidance of the Nordic Sales Manager and Brand Plan Strategy and Tactics.
• Deliver on plans and achieve goals
o Ensure implementation of account plans and drive performance to meet or exceed expectations while managing operational account budgets
o Drive cross-functional and cross-regional collaboration to fully leverage AstraZeneca's account management capabilities
• Build strategic partnerships and networks, engage with key accounts and broader Oncology ecosystem and seek and share stakeholder insights
• Possess deep scientific and clinical content knowledge in specialist area and have knowledge of the dynamics and issues stakeholders face, including budget processes.
• Understands economic dimensions of treatment pathways, credibly positioning AZ’s value proposition in that context.
• Build capability in external and internal stakeholders
o Act as subject matter expert for all relevant stakeholders to help build knowledge and understanding about AstraZeneca's overall Oncology value proposition
• Understand needs of patient populations, the patient journey and relevant treatment options
• Generate innovative ideas that will influence target audiences to change attitudes and deliver behaviour change.
• Cross-functional engagement
Qualifications and profile
• Academic degree or equivalent, commercial or healthcare background
• Experience in successful pharmaceutical sales in Oncology.
• Deep oncology expertise, lung cancer knowledge is particularly valued.
• Experience in marketing and working with external agencies to tailor marketing material aligned with national regulations.
• Experience in regional market access incl. funding and collaboration with patient organisation and other stakeholders.
• Proven ability to understand, assimilate and communicate scientific information and Health Economic Outcomes data
• Proven track record of engaging and developing lasting relationships with a broad base of key stakeholders in complex clinical environments, e.g., mid/senior level healthcare professionals.
• Proven track record of strategic thinking, judgment and persuasion/negotiation skills
• Proven track record of developing and successfully executing compelling account strategies.
• Good understanding of the ethical code and compliance requirements
• LIF certification within Pharma Industry
Competencies, skills and capabilities
• Builds and maintains long-term and mutually beneficial relationships with relevant stakeholders and customers within key accounts
• Influencing skills. Gain agreement and commitment from others by persuading and negotiating.
• Patient focused, ability to see issues through the lens of a patients and focus on the patient experience
• Professionalism in customer interactions, focus on customer needs and satisfaction
• Ability to build deep scientific and clinical content knowledge in a Specialist area and apply it.
• Commercial innovation - ability and track-record of developing, shaping and executing impactful, customer/stakeholder focused activities to achieve long-term business goals
• Initiates activity
• Ability to drive results, able to set objectives and ensure they are achieved
• Leadership - ability to coordinate, align and engage cross-functional team to drive activities and address needs of individual accounts
• Being trusted, able to live the AstraZeneca values and adhere to Code and Policies
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Flexibility and proactivity
• Diplomatic. Ability to interact with a range of personalities
• Ambitious. Strong drive and ability to work independently
• Positive “can-do” attitude
Fluent in both spoken and written Danish and English.
For further information about the position, please contact Monika Vedin, Recruitment consultant at PeakSearch.
Apply for the position at http://www.peaksearch.se.
Interviews will take place during the application period.
Mobile: +46 70 396 94 79