Hansa Biopharma is a pioneering commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company on a mission to develop and commercialize innovative, lifesaving and life altering treatments for patients with rare immunological conditions.
The company has developed a first-in-class immunoglobulin G (IgG) antibody cleaving enzyme therapy, which has been shown to enable kidney transplantation in highly sensitized patients. Hansa Biopharma’s lead product candidate, imlifidase, has been granted conditional approval in the European Union for the desensitization treatment of highly sensitized adult kidney transplant patients with a positive crossmatch against an available deceased donor. Commercial launch in select European countries has started in 2021.
Hansa Biopharma has a rich and expanding research and development program, based on the Company’s proprietary IgG-cleaving enzyme technology platform, to address serious unmet medical needs in transplantation, autoimmune diseases, gene therapy and cancer.
Hansa Biopharma is based in Lund, Sweden, and has operations in Europe and the U.S. The Company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm under the ticker HNSA. Today Hansa Biopharma has 100+ employees.
For more information about Hansa Biopharma, please see http://www.hansabiopharma.com
Senior Medical Director
Do you have a passion for science and developing new medicines?
Company: Hansa Biopharma AB
Role: Senior Medical Director
Reporting to: Vice President, Head of R&D
If you are a physician with genuine interest in drug discovery and development, and you are looking for an opportunity to make a significant personal impact, this job may be your perfect match. You will join a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company developing immunomodulatory treatments for enabling transplantations, rare immunoglobulin G-mediated autoimmune conditions, gene therapy and cancer.
The role as Senior Medical Director
As Senior Medical Director reporting to the Head of R&D you will apply your medical and scientific knowledge and innovative mindset to projects in all stages of development, from early discovery to global clinical development, regulatory submission and beyond.
We are looking for an experienced physician with a strong scientific and clinical profile with a solid basis in drug development, ideally with clinical/research experience within organ transplantation or autoimmune diseases.
As a person, you are recognized as a strong team player and proactive problem solver. You should like to create results based on knowledge sharing and collaboration. You know how to ensure quality and keep track of the important details. You are able to comprehend and interpret clinical data and relate them to the clinical setting. Proven understanding of the complexities of clinical development and especially the translational phase from discovery to Proof of Concept is highly desired. Beside a deep knowledge in clinical study methodology, you need to have a good understanding of the regulatory requirements.
You must be proficient at tailoring your message to your audience in English and to make yourself understood also by people with different scientific skillsets and vocabulary. As you will interact and communicate with several different stakeholders, internal and external, you have good communication and leadership skills as well as you are a teamplayer. Furthermore, you enjoy working in a multicultural environment in a changing and evolving company. Since the company headquarter is located in Lund, Sweden, we expect that you will spend some of your time there.
The position involves some traveling to Investigator meetings, international conferences, advisory boards, and other relevant meetings.
Your new team
We are an innovative, R&D driven organization, with an urge to develop lifesaving and life altering therapies and add value to society at large. By empowering our people and working in an agile way we move our projects forward with high speed and scientific excellence.
You will work together with a group of passionate and skilled specialists in a truly cross-functional manner. We work in an open, informal atmosphere characterized by mutual respect, knowledge sharing, and helpfulness. As the company is rapidly evolving, you will have the opportunity to take on new responsibilities and enhance your skills and knowledge.
• Lead the strategic and cross-functional work with the overall aim to define the clinical development strategy for drug projects
• Ensure that clinical trials in all phases of development are adequately designed addressing the medical needs and enabling clear decision-making
• Provide scientific and medical expertise, including medical monitoring, to clinical trials in rare diseases
• Engage with external medical and scientific experts to discuss scientific/medical insights and obtain guidance relevant for the execution of clinical development programmes
• Be responsible for the clinical interpretation of emerging clinical trial data
• Serve as the clinical expert in relevant project teams
• Provide disease area knowledge to research activities
• Provide scientific and medical expertise in relation to interactions with Health Authorities
• Provide medical and scientific input to regulatory documents
• Provide support to Medical Affairs and the Commercial function
• Through interactions with the external medico-scientific community (KOLs, collaborative research groups, patient advocacy groups etc.), develop and maintain a leading-edge perspective of the evolving clinical landscape in relevant disease areas
• Initiate and drive innovative and creative translational medicine strategies facilitating drug development
• Ensure compliance with Good Clinical Practice and adherence to regulatory requirements
• Share knowledge within the area of expertise with the rest of the organization
• Physician (MD) with a strong scientific and clinical profile
• Solid basis in drug development from Pharma industry
• Previous experience and knowledge within organ transplantation or autoimmune diseases, is an advantage
• Experience of clinical studies in all phases, preferably in Hansa’s TAs or other related areas
• English language proficiency is a must, written and verbal
Professional and Personal Competences (Skills)
• Takes initiative and responsibility for actions and projects, act with confidence
• Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others; listens, consults others and communicates proactively
• Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development
• Works strategically to realise organisational goals; sets and develops strategies
• Works productively in high pressure environment
Hansa Biopharma’s Culture
We are passionate about making a difference for patients living with rare immunological diseases!
We envision a world where all patients with rare immunologic diseases can lead long and healthy lives. Our dedication drives a culture of collaboration, strong camaraderie and pride. This encourages us to break new grounds.
At Hansa Biopharma, we care for our people and provide opportunities for each and every one to reach their full potential. As a relatively small organisation, we have an informal and flexible work environment. We care about each other and our environment.
During 2020 Hansa Biopharma AB certified as “A Great Place to Work company”, by the independent institute Great Place to Work®, a global authority on workplace culture, employee experience and leadership behavior. We are immensely proud.
Opportunities with the role
The employees at Hansa Biopharma are dedicated to improving the lives of people living with rare immunological diseases!
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a dynamic company during a very exciting growth phase with the opportunity for influence and individual development. You will play an important role actively supporting Hansa Biopharma to reach agreed milestones.
Hansa Biopharma is growing rapidly, broadening the network of partners and establishing a presence in key markets around the world. There are many opportunities for highly qualified, dedicated, and passionate people to join our exciting journey.
For inquires and more information about the position, please contact:
Catharina Herbertsson or Eva Runnerström, Sr Recruitment Consultants at PeakSearch.
firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 (0)706 152 772
email@example.com, +46 (0)701 725 379
Apply for the position at PeakSearch homepage http://www.peaksearch.se or send your cover letter together with your CV directly to either Catharina or Eva, see above.