Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a late-stage biotechnology company that promotes improved health globally through the discovery, development, and commercialization of innovative vaccines to prevent serious infectious diseases. Novavax recently initiated development of NVX-CoV2373, its vaccine candidate against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and achieved positive Phase 1 clinical trial results. NanoFlu™, its quadrivalent influenza nanoparticle vaccine, met all primary objectives in its pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial in older adults. Both vaccine candidates incorporate Novavax’ proprietary saponin-based Matrix-M™ adjuvant in order to enhance the immune response and stimulate high levels of neutralizing antibodies. Novavax is a leading innovator of recombinant vaccines; its proprietary recombinant technology platform combines the power and speed of genetic engineering to efficiently produce highly immunogenic nanoparticles in order to address urgent global health needs.
For more information, visit the company´s web sites at: http://www.novavax.com
Job Title: Finance Director
Reports to: Managing Director at Novavax AB
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Novavax is in a very exciting and stimulating phase going from research and developing to be a producing company with products on the market. Novavax are at the very forefront to be able to deliver a COVID-19 vaccine to fight the pandemic. They also have several of very interesting and important other vaccine candidates in their clinical program; seasonal influenza, RSV and collaboration with external partners for a malaria vaccine.
Novavx AB is looking for an experienced and business driven Finance Director with excellent leadership skills, to develop and operate the financial department within Novavax AB, both operationally and strategically.
The financial department currently consist of 2 colleagues and several consultants connected to the company. The Finance Director will be a member of the management team reporting to the Managing Director. The role is a permanent contract full-time and you will be based at the office in Uppsala. There might be travels within Sweden related to the business, and to Novavax Inc in the US.
We are looking for a driven and commercially minded Finance Director with excellent leadership skills and with experience of working within finance for a producing company. You are strategic, analytical, and structured, and understand the purpose of the numbers rather than just the numbers themselves. You are pragmatic and fast with a hands-on approach. It is also important to have god communication skills, and to be ambitious with a personal drive to take responsibility and work independently and to motivate others.
Experience and qualifications
• Degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting or equivalent
• Management experience with good leadership skills
• Proven experience from a producing company driving successful financial and business management and controls
• Fluency in Swedish and English
• Experience from the Life science industry is a merit
• Experience of product calculation is meritorious
• Experience from working in small company is an advantage
• Strategic, operative, and business minded
• Analytical and well structured
• Be an excellent leader and motivator for all personnel within Finance Department
• Dynamic, prestige less personality that adapts well to different people, situations and changing circumstances
• Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
• Solid presentation and excellent communications skills in English and Swedish
• Adapts well to changing circumstances
• Hands-on approach
Opportunities with the role
• The possibility to work for a successful, growing, and innovative company in close collaborating with a very robust and mature “parent company”
• Work for a leading vaccine company that will enable patients’ worldwide access to safer and more efficient vaccines
• Be a part of the fight against Covid-19 with a vaccine at the forefront of research/development
• Become a leading key strategic player within Novavax AB with the opportunity to influence the strategy, way of working, company development and key decisions, and to contribute to the company´s future growth and development
• To work in a small company with a dynamic culture, freedom of action, a nice atmosphere and collaborative environment
• The company is in a very exciting and stimulating phase going from a research- and developing company to a producing company with products on the market
• Be a member in the management team
• Work in values-based company, deeply rooted in science and innovation to transform new ideas and discoveries into vaccines to protect future pandemics and dangerous viruses as for example Covid-19
• Be part of a very competent and experienced team with high energy, all very committed to develop the company and the technology
• Work in a company with short decision paths and with a high level of personal responsibility
• Good possibilities to personal and professional development
For more information and questions about the position, please contact Marta Frick Senior Recruitment Consultant at PeakSearch.
Contact details: Marta Frick firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 070-386 89 69