Alligator Bioscience AB (Alligator) is a clinical-stage biotech company with the goal to be at the forefront of the global endeavour to effectively cure metastatic cancer. Alligator develops antibody-based therapeutics that spur the body’s own immune system to attack the cancer.
Immunotherapy has revolutionized cancer therapy in recent years and is showing positive effects in many patients. However, although the therapies used to date have boosted the clinical effect, they have also led to a higher risk of developing severe immune-related adverse events. Alligator’s concept of tumor-directed immunotherapy provides an opportunity to solve this and to deliver new cancer therapies with higher efficacy without increasing the risk of severe side effects. The strategy is to take novel, first-in-class/best-in-class drug candidates to Phase I or Phase II clinical trials, and then forward into further development in collaboration with large biotech or pharmaceutical companies.
Alligator is a science- and knowledge-based company where more than 37 out of 45 Alligator’s R&D is at the dynamic intersection of academia and industry, with a multitude of opportunities for collaboration and knowledge exchange. Alligator is based in Medicon Village in Lund and the company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm Mid Cap (ATORX).
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.alligatorbioscience.com.
Medical Science Director
Company: Alligator Bioscience AB
Role: Medical Science Director
Reporting to: Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
Place of position: Lund, Sweden
Alligator Bioscience in Lund is seeking for a highly motivated Medical/Clinical Scientist with experience of clinical development in oncology.
The ideal candidate is scientifically driven and with a profound interest in disease biology, who will take initiative to create new science that helps drive drug development decisions. You must have good knowledge in clinical study methodology, preferably in Phase I-III, and regulatory requirements. Experience from running studies in oncology is a must. In addition, as the ideal candidate you are eager to learn, lead and challenge yourself and others. You are a team player with good communication and leadership skills, as well as highly organized, detail-oriented and efficient with strong problem-solving skills.
You have a strong drive with the ability to take initiative. You must have a "can do" attitude and not be afraid to roll up your sleeves. You work independently but also like to collaborate as part of a team, working towards a common goal. Excellent analytical abilities, strong delivery focus and interpersonal skills are essential to be successful in this role.
It is important that you embody our core values: Respect, Commitment and Innovation. In return you will find a culture based on openness, mutual respect and dedication with the possibility for individual development and growth, as well as the chance to make a true difference for cancer patients around the world. You will report directly to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO). This is a new and full-time permanent position.
• Contribute with scientific and clinical expertise in development of clinical strategy/study design and clinical development plans
• Evaluate scientific information with the aim of identifying new clinical research opportunities
• Responsible for the scientific aspects of clinical studies
• Review clinical data, including side effects and abnormalities in collaboration with the CMO/medical monitor
• Contribute with analysis and interpretation of data from clinical studies
• Work closely with Clinical Trial Managers and CMO/medical monitor on clinical/scientific and regulatory documents, such as the IB, clinical study protocol, ICFs
• Support regulatory interactions including contributing to briefing documents, presentations, addressing questions and responses
• Represent Clinical Science in Project Teams at Alligator
• Drive cross-functional scientific discussions internally and externally
• Be responsible for establishment and maintaining excellent collaboration with KOLs, CRO etc.
• Education at an MD and or PhD level (biology, biomedicine or similar)
• More than 5 years’ experience of clinical development in pharma/biotech
• Good understanding of the drug discovery process and experience in translational science
• Experience of clinical studies in Phase I-III, in oncology and preferably in immunoncology
• Knowledge of clinical study planning, execution and reporting
• Good understanding of ICH-GCP and regulatory requirements
• Fluent in English, written and verbal
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
Professional and Personal Competences (Skills)
• Take initiative and responsibility for actions and projects, act with confidence
• Build wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organisation and with good communication skills
• Develop job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development
• Produce new ideas, approaches or insights
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
Opportunities with the role
This is a new role in a growing and high-pace organization dedicated to the ultimate goal of curing cancer. In this role you will have the possibility to influence and build for the future – a great opportunity to form the future of Alligator by developing excellent clinical programs.
The combination of wide-ranging growth opportunities, Alligator’s unique position and the company’s core values has created a strong brand in both the academic community and the international pharmaceutical industry.
For further information, please visit the Alligator career portal http://workwithus.alligatorbioscience.com/.
For inquires and more information about the position, please contact:
Catharina Herbertsson or Eva Runnerström, Senior Recruitment Consultants at PeakSearch.
firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 (0)706 152 772
email@example.com, +46 (0)701 725 379
Apply for the position at http://www.peaksearch.se